Monday, February 20, 2006

Vices... (alternate title: Gadget Girl)

My friends know I'm into gadgets. I love them. I occasionally buy new gadgets. Sometimes I avoid buying new gadgets. I justify purchases by giving away old gadgets or by saying I only have a few vices...

I was using IM the other day to chat with a friend. I told her of a recent gadget purchase (and the excellent rebate(s)). She called me "gadget girl." I said, "Proudly. I have so few other vices." She began to list them: watches, bags... I added one: hats. I love hats. For the record I went a whole year without buying a hat. A self-imposed hat fast. I'm currently on a self-imposed watch fast. I think I have two more years to go.

I will leave you with this question. Can a REAL "gadget girl" break her VCR? I might have broken mine. A tape is stuck in it. I can't get it out. I needed to record a third show the other day, because my DVR can only record two things at once. I guess it wasn't important, because now I can't remember what the third show was...

Is a DVR a gadget?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible that VCRs are the vices of this particular vice? (Sort of like the endless mirror reflections?) Or perhaps, this is your subconscious way of maintaining your GG title - by 'accidentally' destroying outdated gadgets (and admittedly, it's time for the VCR to go, isn't it?) in order to make room for the new...

btw - hello, friend! And Go-Go Gadget Girl!

Anonymous said...

Don't you have 2 other VCR's?