Sunday, June 04, 2006

I'm a new fan

I had some great friends in town Memorial Day weekend. We had a blast. They are huge Mavericks fans (as I'm sure you can tell if you checked out the link). So... We watched the two weekend games at my house. I was hooked. They knew about the players and their track records and strengths. It was fun to watch the games with them.

I haven't paid much attention to NBA ball since my hometown team, the Rockets, won two championships in a row (in '94 and '95). Now those were good times! I kept up with the NBA for a few more years, but was frankly more interested in college sports.

I'm not saying I'm not a Rockets fan at heart. What I'm saying is I want the Dallas Mavericks to win the NBA Finals this year. And I want to watch all the games! If you're a Mavs fan, you want me to watch too, because they won both games I watched last weekend. And last night, I listened to the first half of the game while I worked outside in the backyard. At halftime I came in to watch the rest of the game. Not long after I started watching the Mavericks came to life, coming back from behind to dominate the second half and win the series!

1 comment:

shell said...

Maybe you are their good luck charm b/c while you were in the back yard only listening, they stunk!

Have I mentioned how much fun we had last weekend?! Thanks so much!

love ya!!