Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bloggers block!

Somewhere in my last two or three posts I promised that I was back to blogging. Clearly I lied.

At least one friend, Shelley, has implied that she finds it annoying when she daily clicks on another's blog to read the new post and finds instead an OLD post. I'm not sure, but I think she might have been talking to me. Check out her blog and read about her recent travels to Fiji and Mexico. Be jealous, I am!

Anyway, today I decided I CAN DO BETTER. (That's me yelling at myself.) Plus, I got a little bit of a big head to see that my blogging friend, Bre, has my blog in her sidebar links. She lists blogs that are "fun and fabulous." I'm honored and a little intimidated by the pressure to be "fun and fabulous." Wish me luck.

I'm about to hit up Bre to help me put a picture in my title box. She has a cool artistic rendering of shoes (one of her passions) in her title box now! Another fabulous blogging friend, Heather, has a whole new look on her blog - including two color boxed columns and a picture (or is it two) in the title area.

Maybe I'll just hire someone? Andreia recommended Susie at Bluebird Blogs for a little color and redesign. Take a look at Susie's site for cool examples of her work. I hope she'll help me copy one design she already did.

I took some pictures on a recent drive around Austin.


Entrance to the Texas State Cemetery
The inside is prettier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your New Post (yea!), and also appreciate all the links to other fun blogs.... what? did someone say something about a research paper due tomorrow? a research paper only halfway written, and even that's kinda crappy? No? Must be the crazies in my head.

So anyway, about finding more blogs to read while I put off my academic career...

shell said...

I was not really implying you. I actually had in mind people who wait much longer than you or I to update blogs. I have one friend who has not updated since last Sept. What's that about? I obviously have quit wasting my time even checking his blog. I love you tons! :) Come see us!

Heather said...

Aw! Thanks for the link! I am glad you're back in action! To the blogroll you go!

Bre said...

I'm glad you're back! I really have no good idea how I did most of what I did on my blog - an awful lot of trial and error! But I'll help if you need it :)