Tuesday, December 27, 2005

December in NYC


Let me start with my Christmas card! Hopefully you got one in the mail. Ask me sometime how Costco printed the cards the first time.

So I spent December 8th, 9th and 10th in New York City. It was a good chance to see my friend Beth and explore all that the city has to offer at the holidays. Beth saved the day by letting me crash on her pull-out couch! I was able to explore Central Park on my first day. There was a little outdoor market with many types of vendors. I bought a homemade ginger snap and a cup of hot cider. I walked around enough to get blisters on my feet! I loved the park with snow on the ground. I have many more pictures to prove it, but here is one of my favorites.


I enjoyed three shows while in town: Sweeney Todd, The Radio City Christmas Spectacular, and The Color Purple. Seeing Sweeney Todd gave me the chance to see the great Patti LuPone (Tony winner for Evita) on stage!

I had a great hostess in Beth. She showed me bits of the real NYC. She even took me to her friend's Christmas party at his place in Harlem. I had a great time and was sorry to leave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOO jealous! How was The Color Purple? Did you see Oprah there?

Fun reading your blog. Do more. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so now I am really curious about how Costco printed the cards 1st time around.... Lm