Sunday, May 21, 2006

Eating!

I love to eat.

I noticed that I took pictures of almost every place we ate while in Mexico last month. Each restaurant served "salsa" and chips. The salsa was excellent, but it was more like pico de gallo.

Sadly I didn't get a picture at one of my favorite places, the Turtle Bay Cafe in Akumal. I don't think they served chips and salsa.

For fun, I think I'll use a ranking system for the salsa, using a scale of 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the best. Read the picture captions for ratings and see the footnote for a disclaimer.


At Mama's Cafe in Puerto Morales, we ate breakfast tacos with salsa.
Salsa rating: ***


The Mango Cafe, in Akumal, where we had smoothies and breakfast tacos.
Salsa rating: ***


Nearest our hotel, the La Buena Vida had good food,
really good salsa and beverages to go.
Salsa rating: ****


Oscar y Lalo's, between Akumal and Tulum, was on this beautiful bay.
Salsa rating: *****


Que Onda means "This Wave" (I think) and served
interesting Italian food on a beautiful patio.
Salsa rating: NA


McDonald's in Playa del Carmen provided a Diet Coke
(with ice and a straw) and a mediocre breakfast taco.
Salsa rating: NA


Disclaimer: Salsa ratings are solely the opinion of the writer and may not be shared by her traveling companions.

4 comments:

Buffy said...

"I love to eat"

Don't we all.

SUEB0B said...

Que Onda is also a way of saying "What's Up?"

Andreia Huff said...

I LOVE THAT SECOND PICTURE! did you take it???

Joyce B. said...

Andreia - Yes I did take that picture.

Thank you for commenting!