Friday, May 26, 2006

Thing Number 9

Number 9 on my 101 Things is "I want to own a hot air balloon someday."

A friend said that MSN's This Week in Pictures May 18-25 had a great shot of hot air balloons. I went to look. WOW! Take a look at picture 2. Now you see why I'm fascinated?

I've been on two balloon flights. One was while I was in college and it was a small balloon with a small basket, holding maybe 4 people maximum. When I visited Australia in 2003, I was in a bigger balloon with a bigger basket. Must have been 9 people and the pilot, but it could have held more.

Of course there are pictures!



My first trip with the AARP!


How about that view?


Notice our reflection in the water?


Packing up and looking into the balloon.


It was a big balloon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to do this. But I'm not sure how I feel about wide open heights.

SUEB0B said...

I hope you get your balloon. The economics of it are kinda crazy, since the envelope only lasts a certain number of hours and the fuel is expensiv-o. My advice is to find balloon people, hang around, crew for them and take the free rides when they offer.

Anonymous said...

I went to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival, which is absolutely amazing, with hundreds of creative balloons flying everywhere. But I was too afraid to actually go into one. Were you scared at first?

Down Under Aggie said...

If I get to come home, we need to go to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival!!! And I have seen THAT balloon very recently, the AARP were still present.

Bre said...

My gosh! That looks like so much fun!

Dianna G said...

I could use a hot air balloon pic too :)