Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mayan Ruins

While in Mexico I visited two ruin sites: Tulum and Coba.

Tulum is on the coast, in fact you've probably seen it in pictures. It's really gorgeous and unique because it virtually hangs on a cliff.

Coba is inland and surrounded by more greenery and vegetation. There is a 13 story ruin here that we were allowed to climb.

We did not hire a guide at either site, therefore I'm not qualified to tell you much about the pictures below. You'll want to rely on the links for further information.


Tulum from afar. I wish the beautiful colors of the water were more evident.



I really like the combination of colors in this picture, taken at the Tulum site.



A handy sign that we actually saw after the fact at Coba!



The tallest of the Coba ruins - or the Big Pyramid (see above).
I climbed all 13 stories. If you don't believe that, ask my knees!



Too late we noticed that there had been iguanas
sunning themselves all over the Tulum ruins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when do i get to see all of the pics?

Ron and Marilyn said...

hey Joyce!

Sorry I hadn't checked your blog lately! Didn't know you went to Mexico even. Great photos!! Hope we get to see you in Austin next weekend.

love ya,

Marilyn