Sunday, March 26, 2006

101 Things

There WAS a time when it was cool to list 101 things about yourself on your blog. Leave it to me to be a bit behind the times. This could be fun for the one person who stumbles on my blog that doesn't' t know me well. I think that all my friends know the things in this list.

Post a comment to let me know what you think. Did you know all the facts? :)

  1. I was born in Houston, Texas.
  2. I have lived only lived in Texas cities: Austin, College Station and Houston.
  3. I am an only child.
  4. My parents were both in their forties when I was born.
  5. I am thankful that I still have them.
  6. I think it would be fun to live in NYC for at least a year.
  7. I love to travel.
  8. I love to fly (as a passenger).
  9. I want to own a hot air balloon someday.
  10. I love college football.
  11. I do not like NFL football.
  12. I cannot dance well to rock music.
  13. I can two-step.
  14. I cannot sing.
  15. I would love to be able to sing.
  16. I have a degree in electrical engineering.
  17. I graduated from Texas A&M University.
  18. I am a sales engineer.
  19. I think Lyle Lovett is sexy.
  20. I have seen him in concert at least 7 times.
  21. I am never too full for ice cream!
  22. I love to go out to eat breakfast.
  23. I love toast with real butter.
  24. I have never been skinny dipping.
  25. I cannot live without my Palm phone.
  26. I was never a Girl Scout. (There is a story here.)
  27. I like camping.
  28. I like hiking.
  29. I have never broken a bone. (This might be a lie now, I'll tell you for sure later this week.)
  30. I never had a dog or a cat.
  31. I did have a few fish.
  32. I must have a carbonated beverage with pizza and burgers.
  33. I did not watch Seinfeld in prime time.
  34. I spent a month in the Philippines.
  35. I have totaled a car.
  36. I hate the game 42.
  37. I love to play spades.
  38. I play Golden Tee.
  39. I traveled to Australia on my own.
  40. I love to snorkel.
  41. I do not scuba dive.
  42. I would like to visit all 50 states.
  43. I have visited 21 states.
  44. I love watches.
  45. Once my Dad and I caught 93 fish in one hour.
  46. I have too many pairs of shoes.
  47. I procrastinate.
  48. My DVR has changed my life.
  49. I have been on a jury.
  50. My cell phone rang while I was in the jury box.
  51. I love to go to movies.
  52. I believe in heaven.
  53. I believe Jesus died to save me from my sin.
  54. I love to ride my road bike.
  55. I rode 105 miles on it in a day - twice.
  56. I never met either of my grandfathers, they died before I was born.
  57. I don't mind yard work.
  58. I hate to clean house.
  59. I think Sudoku puzzles are fun.
  60. I have a lazy eye.
  61. I used to wear an eye patch.
  62. I have had eye surgery two times.
  63. I do not throw like a girl.
  64. I can throw a good spiral.
  65. I love to play football catch, frisbee catch, or softball catch.
  66. I played soccer at the YMCA on an all boys team.
  67. I love to read fiction.
  68. I listen to audio books in the car.
  69. I can install a ceiling fan.
  70. I prefer 2%, but drink 1% milk.
  71. I used to have reflux.
  72. I have no cavities.
  73. I played saxophone in high school band.
  74. I have been snow skiing one time.
  75. Sometimes I have number dyslexia.
  76. I like fresh lemon in my Diet Coke.
  77. I prefer fresh lime in my iced tea.
  78. I like to drink water from a bottle not a glass.
  79. I don't mind doing laundry, but I do not like to fold and put away clothes.
  80. I like to wash dishes, but do not like to unload the washer.
  81. I broke my VCR the other day.
  82. I have a backup VCR.
  83. I have been known to cry at medical shows, Hallmark movies and Extreme Home Makeover.
  84. I enjoy cooking on my grill.
  85. I am clearly struggling to find interesting things for this list.
  86. I once owned a car for just seven months.
  87. Because of that I technically owned three different cars in one year.
  88. I do not like coffee.
  89. I love to listen to music.
  90. I like some radio talk shows.
  91. I love to go to the library.
  92. I belong to two libraries.
  93. I have developed a love for reading blogs.
  94. There are about 5 blogs that I check daily.
  95. I like scented candles.
  96. A lawn mower will fit in the trunk of my car.
  97. I like reality shows. I know, but I do.
  98. I wear my college (Texas A&M) ring all the time, even in the shower.
  99. I like to listen to radio talk shows on a solo road trip.
  100. I almost never remember a bathing suit when my hotel has an indoor pool!
  101. I have thick hair.

Can you tell I was reaching at the end? And that I'm in a hotel room in Houston for work?

Let me know what you think. And go ahead, post 101 things about yourself on your blog!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was totally fun, Joyce! Not boring at all. And I did learn a few things - yet I'm proud to say I knew quite a bit (even the stranger things, like not liking coffee - what *is* that?). The eye patch thing was new, though - how long did you wear it? And have you *ever* had cavaties, or are you one of those perfect-teeth people (whom I hate, incidentally). :) Thanks for sharing - I look forward to hearing some of the stories at our next get-together (breakfast again, perhaps? :).

shell said...

How funny! The no cavity thing was what struck me the most too. The rest I expected. Although the month in the Philippines was the most fun. :) And I'm proud of you for finally posting this list since you've been working on it for 3+ months. :)

Love ya chica,
shell

Ron and Marilyn said...

hey Joyce,

100 things about myself? Ooh, that's too much thinking about me! But glad to read about you!

Mandisa wasn't even the bottom three! Whoop! Or Chris.

love ya,

marilyn

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about the eye surgery! I did know about he lawnmower in the car thing though.....
Lm

Andreia Huff said...

Thought I would check in on you and OH my gosh you had REFLUX? My daughter is going in for surgery at Texas Children's in the am for her reflux. Did you have it corrected? Did you do the Deflux procedure or the other really big surgery?