Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Help!


I took this picture in NYC in July of 2004. I made the trip with my mom for her 76th birthday. One day we took the subway down to Battery Park and I think these buildings are located near there. I'm hoping that someone can help me figure out the names of the two buildings? I thought I knew where they were, but I can't figure it out now. I've looked on Google Maps and Google Earth. (If you haven't tried this, do so and type in a big city name; you can see the skyline and building outlines in either real photo form or opaque form.)

Come to think of it this could be down by the World Trade Center site. We also went to see that area on the same day... More playing with Google Maps and Google Earth!

It was also on this trip that Mom and I acted like giddy girls waiting for Hugh Jackman outside the stage door of The Boy from Oz. We had just him in the role for which he won a Tony. He is very pretty up close. My mom told him it was her birthday and he wished her a happy birthday (from about an arm's length). I think she was hoping for a kiss! Here's a picture of him just before he comes over to us...

3 comments:

Team Mexico said...

I have no idea what those buildings are, but that's quite an impressive up close and personal picture of Hugh Jackman! : ) Can't wait to see you in May!
Sara

Anonymous said...

The larger of the two is the Wollworth Building. :)

Anonymous said...

I mean, Woolworth.