Thursday, July 20, 2006

For the record!!

First of all, thanks to each of you who left a comment on my last entry. I fear that I misled you into thinking that July 13th was my birthday... It's really in April (hence the trip to Mexico). I wanted to set the record straight for the those that years from now review this blog diary of my _exciting_ life! That said, the rest is true, I do drink coffee, therefore I am a grown up.

No one asked me a question. Perhaps no one thinks coffee drinking and being 35 mean that I am wise. WRONG!

Things I've learned since I've been a grown-up:

  1. It might not be a good plan to drink hot coffee (liberal use of the term coffee) and sit outside when it is 95 degrees outside at 9 pm.
  2. It turns out getting coffee in a fancy coffee store is not like getting a 1/3 or a 1/2 cup of coffee at home and then filling the mug with sweetened flavored creamer and Equal sweetener. At the store you might need two cups for all the special mixing.
  3. Seriously, I might just be a social coffee drinker. Real coffee early in the morning, even with lots of goo in it, makes my stomach upset. Late at night or after breakfast or a meal, then we're all good.
I've learned more than this in the last few month, but this is all I'm blogging about!


For my picture today, I'll use one I took of the puppy, Dexter, that came to stay at my house this weekend. Cute, right? He's not mine, I had to give him back to his owner on Sunday.

2 comments:

Bre said...

He is the cutest freaking thing I've ever seen! I would have stuffed him into a little puppy bag and ran off to parts unknown with him!

Love at first sight! :-p

Anonymous said...

I'm actually giggling at your blog. Maybe it's the 7 hours I spent serving coffee that makes your coffee-experiences so hilarious to me. Maybe it's the fact that in precisely six and half hours, I'll find myself serving coffee some more - perhaps at the drive-thru, if I'm lucky. But anyway, you made me laugh. Which, incidentally, seems to have made Philip jealous. Thanks. :)