Sunday, October 21, 2007

Concerts 1

I know - I've been away. I've not been blogging. I have good reasons. Up until a few weeks ago I was busy with not so fun things. The last week or so I've had a time for a bit run and relaxation.

I generally see a concert or two a year, maybe. Well apparently I've stepped into new territory this year. I've been to see at least 3 concerts and one music festival. I decided you'd like to see my pictures. In fact I have hundreds of pictures from all the concerts. It's lucky for you that one or two of them turned out to be in focus and centered. I'll go in reverse order and split this up into two posts. Also it should be noted that my 10x optical zoom camera (a Canon S1 IS) died during the festival, so a few pics are with my 3x optical zoom camera (a Canon SD650). For those interested, Canon is fixing the problem for free because it turns out it's a known issue with the CCD imager. Yea!

These pics are from the most recent events - the music festival and the Lyle Lovett concert.



Lyle Lovett at Stubbs in Austin, TX.


Lyle Lovett with John Hagan on cello, what a team.


Los Lonely Boys at the Big State Festival in College Station, TX.


Dierks Bentley at the Big State Festival.


Another of Dierks Bentley at the Big State Festival.


Craig Morgan at the Big State Festival.
(He's great but always makes funny faces.)


Jack Ingram at the Big State Festival.


Kelly Willis watching husband Bruce Robison sing (only 3x zoom).
(We saw Kelly sing too but I did not get a picture.)


Charlie and Bruce Robison at the Big State Festival (only 3x zoom).


Willie Nelson at the Big State Festival (only 3x zoom).

Tim McGraw closing out the Big State Festival (only 3x zoom).

3 comments:

Megan said...

What a terrible disappointment to have your camera die. You are such an amazing photographer. I enjoyed the photos. It looks like you had a lot of fun and heard a lot of good music!

Emily said...

So nice to have you blogging again. And, man...I love Dierks! I'm SOOOOO jealous!

dianna said...

BIG STATE ROCKS! and so DO YOU! Glad you're bloggin' again.
I must go comment on your other posts now :)

love ya!