Saturday, October 27, 2007

Shake, Shake, Shake

Last week I did something I don't recall ever doing. I had three milkshakes. Yes, three. I didn't have three in one day, I promise. I had one on Monday, I think, then one on Thursday, and one on Friday.

Only two of them were remarkable. There is a hamburger joint near my office called Wally's. It's a family owned place. In fact I think my next door neighbor's father owns it. He promised me one time he'd get me some coupons, but nothing! Anyway, I had a burger there once and it was nothing spectacular. But Monday night I just wanted a shake, so I went through drive through and low and behold I saw the choices! Butterscotch? Cherry? Vanilla? Chocolate? Sounds super. I chose a small butterscotch shake. OH MY GOODNESS! It was great! So great! Gone in about ten minutes, maybe five. I thought of it all week and had another one on Friday. And that was after I had a boring chocolate shake from Whataburger in a fit of madness on the way back from San Antonio Thursday night.

Just so you know, I have passed Wally's several times a day since then and have not succumbed to temptation. This week I am shake free. But I have had Halloween candy.

Tomorrow I'll do better. I promise.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I've had one Wally's shake and it was wonderful! I am just grateful we live very far away from them or I would be struggling with the same temptations.

Oh you might want to try their chicken fingers. Kennedy got them in a kid's meal once and they looked really good.

Anonymous said...

How did I not know you had a blog? I missed the memo. Otherwise, I would've been there! It's your fault, however, that I'm up past my bedtime. I started reading your blog, and before I knew it, I'd read back to February! Love you--and have now subscribed to your blog on Google Reader--which I'm not really sure how works...

Khristy

PS. Had to be anonymous b/c I couldn't remember my username/pw!